Patel Grand Challenge : The Smart Pot
In an effort to make potable water available across the developing world, USF’s Patel Center, in partnership with the IWA, invites designers, researchers, inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs from the developing world to create a Smart Pot that:
- treats contaminated water during collection,
- is affordable, robust and user friendly,
- has a similar shape and weight as a traditional pot (jerrycan),
- can be manufactured locally, and
- requires minimal running and maintenance cost.