USAID Global Waters, Jan 2014 – Tapping into the Power of Women
Women are half of the world’s population, but their voices too often go unheard. The USAID Water and Development Strategy prioritizes empowering women and promoting gender equality through water programs. We dedicate this edition of Global Waters to these key issues.
- On the importance of empowering women – The Ripple Effect
- Social entrepreneur Gemma Bulos on the necessity for women’s leadership – Transforming Traditional Roles
- Empowering women to improve their communities – Bridging the Gender Gap
- A stronger role for women in Senegal’s fisheries – Integrating Gender Into Our Work
- A conversation with Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Director Vikki Stein