Water and Development Strategy: Implementation Field Guide, 2014. USAID.
This document is intended to serve as a reference tool to help Operating Units understand and apply the Strategy. The Guide provides an overview of:
- The intended procedures and expectations for operationalizing the Strategy and transitioning the Agency’s water portfolio to align with the Strategy
- Key principles, best practices, and approaches for programming related to the Strategy’s two SOs
- Specific funding parameters related to programming in each of the two SOs, including eligible attribution of water directive funding
- Expectations of Operating Units related to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting, including required indicators, the timing, and procedures for annual performance reporting
- Expected contributions of Operating Units to ongoing Agency knowledge management, collaboration, and learning in the water sector