Contacts/ Websites of Clean Cookstove Community members – March 7, 2014
Below is a listing of organizations and individuals that have joined the Clean Cookstove Community as of March 7, 2014. We hope the Clean Cookstove Community on Linkedin will become a crowdsourcing resource for sharing information on solutions to cookstove and household air pollution issues.
Please contact WASHplus to make any additions or corrections to this list.
Berkeley Air Monitoring Group – Berkeley Air is a social venture based in California, USA dedicated to protecting global health and climate. We are a leading monitoring and evaluation partner for energy, health, and development organizations working in developing countries.
- Website – http://www.berkeleyair.com/
- Twitter – @BerkeleyAir
- Contact – Michael Johnson
BURN Manufacturing – In July 2013, BURN installed its first stove assembly line in Nairobi, Kenya. In July 2014 BURN will open a production facility that will allow us to manufacture 99% of our components in Kenya.
- Website – http://www.burnmanufacturing.com/
- Contact: Chris Agava, Head of Sales & marketing
Carnegie Mellon University
- Melissa D., Graduate student
Cookstove at Catalyzing Clean Energy in Bangladesh
- Contact: Anowar Mollah, Deputy Task Lead
Cookswell Jikos – At Cookswell Jikos, we provide our customers with original designs of professional charcoal and wood fueled stoves, convection ovens, improved space heaters, charcoal making kilns and tree seeds. All our products are made by professionally trained artisans in Kenya.
- Website – http://www.cookswell.co.ke/
- Contact – Teddy Kinyanjui, Owner
Engineers Without Borders
- Rahul Mitra, International Development Engineer
Environmental Protection Agency – The EPA develops and enforces regulations for human health and environment protection, as well as voluntary and technical assistance programs, and international coordination on environmental issues.
- Website – http://www.epa.gov
- Contact – Jacob Moss
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) – IIASA is an international scientific institute that conducts policy‑oriented research into problems that are too large or too complex to be solved by a single country.
- Website – http://www.iiasa.ac.at/
- Shonali Pachauri, Senior Research Scholar, Energy Program