Toolkit for Implementing Household Energy Projects in Conservation Areas, 2012.
Written By: Laura Clough and Kavita Rai, GVEP International.
This toolkit has been designed as a resource document for the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) and Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) to implement clean energy projects at the household level in conservation areas in Kenya and Tanzania. The toolkit will guide the user through the steps of designing and implementing an energy program and provides information on the following topics:
- Prerequisites when considering the suitability of energy technologies
- Necessary steps required to introduce a particular energy technology
- Market and socio economic feasibility of energy technologies
- Potential financing options for energy technologies
- Implementation process for energy projects